May 26, 2011

Where was I?

Well, it's been a wild week. My kids and I have, obviously, been working through some stuff and the Lord is really stretching me although I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be learning yet. I know I need more patience. I know I need more wisdom. And I know I need to just let go and let God. But I also know that my husband and family can't wait for me to figure it all out first. So, what's a stressed out, overwhelmed Mama to do? Pray! SO that's where I'm at people. I'm praying. I don't have an answer for everything. (Surprising, I know.)

Meanwhile, I missed Wordy Wednesday. So, here you go:
This is more wisdom from "Praying the Scriptures for Your Children" by Jodie Berndt. Go buy it!
One of the best ways we can foster a love for God's Word is to encourage our kids to memorize Scripture. Young children, especially, have a seemingly limitless capacity for memorization -- a lesson I learned when Hillary, as a three-year-old, recited the entire peamble to the Beauty and the Beast story on video, word for word. For me, that did it: I figured that any child who could recite a Hollywood script could certainly learn a couple of Bible verses!
Let _______ keep Your words and store up Your commands so that he will live. Cause him to guard Your teachings as the apple of his eye, and let them be written on the tablet of his heart.
Proverbs 7:2-3
Buy it here: http://www.christianbook.com/praying-the-scriptures-for-your-children/jodie-berndt/9780310232162/pd/32166?kw=32166&en=froogle&p=1013824&cm_mmc=CBDfeeds-_-froogle-_-books-_-32166

I think I mentioned in my last post that I'd had to print some forms for Autry's enrollment in the charter school. Well, one of them was a physical form that had to be filled out by his pediatrician. That meant that he needed to go in Tuesday to have it filled out and do whatever was necessary to get ready for kindergarten. Well, that included a PPD test (tuberculosis) which requires bringing him back againfor them to "read" it on Friday. Fine, no big deal.
Then yesterday, Milo started showing some symptoms of another ear infection. Cough, sore ear, swollen glands and (gag) green drainage from his tear ducts. Not uncommon for My poor boy. So, that brought us to the dr's office again this morning to confirm it and get the meds. Could they "read" Autry's arm today. NOPE. Has to be a full 48 hours from the test. Thus, we'll be going back again tomorrow morning. Yay....

We were supposed to have a playdate with my best friend, Delane, Jayme, Rachel and a few other Mamas and the SWARM of kids that belong to us, respectively. lol But you know what they say about the best laid plans.... It just sorta fell apart. With my mental health vacation and my other friends just wanting to lay low today we just decided to push it till next Thursday.

What else can I tell you all??? Oh, I've been thinking about starting a cooking feature on here because I simply love to cook and then eat it. And I hear I'm not too shabby at it. The cooking, that is. hahaha
So, just to kick it off, here's what we're having tonight. Barbeque Ribs in the slow cooker with garlic mashed potatoes and cornbread. Here's a not very exciting pic of my homemade bbq sauce for the ribs. My house smells like Heaven, btw.
BBQ Sauce
Unrefined oil
4 cloves garlic, pressed
1 C brown sugar, packed
1 C ketchup
1 tbsp hot pepper sauce, or to taste
2 small red onions, finely chopped
1 lemon, juiced
1/2 C cider vinegar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp chili powder

In a skillet over medium heat, add oil and cook garlic and onions until softened and lightly browned. Stir in remaining ingredients and simmer gently for 5 minutes and you're done! Easy peasy!
Now this is just enough for us. It won't be long before I'm doubling this. So, if you've got a bigger family or just big eaters, double it. Enjoy!

No comments: