April 18, 2011

A mish mash

Yesterday we got to go visit our precious new niece Austin at the hospital and she is simply to die for. I forgot how much I forgot about brand new babies. Does that make sense? Like, she is impossibly soft, smells like heaven, I instinctually wanted to nuzzle her or that 8lbs 4oz feels like holding air. Unfortunately, she has/ developed (hey, I'm no M.D.) bilirubin so she had to be under an intense light almost the entire time we were there. Gina explained that it's like having jaundice on the inside... And that there was some kind of reaction between Gina's and Austin's red blood cells. Shrug... We had to watch her get pricked for blood tests twice while we were there and while it was very sad, she has the sweetest little cry I've ever heard. How is it that baby girls are sooo enormously different than baby boys even at birth. It's wild to me. If we have a girl this time around, I will be on pins and needles to see what she looks like. Will she look like my nieces, who look so much like their dad (Matthew's brother?) Or will the look like my boys who are a decent mix of the two of us or would she look like me? So many possibilities! hahaha
Our day today has been pretty hum drum. School, yard work, Target and Trader Joes. Have I told you how much I love Trader Joes? I love Trader Joes. Only a few things we have to go to Target for. We can get like 99% of our stuff at TJ's. Just the usual running around, weekend stuff. In case you didn't know, Matthew's days off are Mon/Tues since he works at a church and thus Sat/ Sun are work days. Unfortunately, Matthew has a cold so that's been a bummer. Overall, A great day, though!

No comments: