April 16, 2011

Quiet time...

So, I just began Psalms again and everyday I'll read a chapter or two and a jot down notes or insights along the margins and, of course, pray. Well, the Lord is the Lord and He knew full well that beginning Psalms again was exactly where I needed to be. I cannot tell you how fortifying and encouraging His words are to my heart. And I've been blessed to share the Word fresh in my heart and mind during a time of need.
This week has been such a vivid example of how we are simply vessels made to be filled up so that we can pour into others.
I will just share a few short verses of what has been soo uplifting.

But You are a shield around me, O Lord;
you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.
To the Lord I cry aloud,
and He answers me from His holy hill.
Psalm 3:3,4

I will lie down and sleep in peace,
for You alone, O Lord,
make me dwell in safety.
Psalm 4:8

But let all who take refuge in You be glad;
let them ever sing for joy.
Spread Your protection over them,
that those who love Your name may rejoice in You.
For surely,O Lord, You bless the righteous;
You surround them with Your favor as with a shield.
Psalm 5:11,12





God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

No comments: